FEBRUARY MONTHLY MISSION
My Sister’s House Inc. is an organization that provides services, programs and resources to empower victims of domestic violence and their children to live free from abuse. My Sister’s House serves victims in Berkeley, Charleston, and Dorchester Counties.
Founded by a group of volunteers in 1980, My Sisters House Inc., provides safe shelter to victims of domestic violence and their children throughout the tri-county area. Women who are in immediate danger from verbal, emotional, physical or sexual abuse are eligible for the services offered by My Sister’s House, Inc., at no charge. The women served by My Sister’s House are provided with a safe environment where they can not only make decisions but take action to make those decisions a reality.
- Cold medications for adults and for children; pain medications such as Aleve, Tylenol, Advil for adults.
- Fruit juices and cereals
- Mattress covers (twin-sized beds) and pillow cases
- Powder laundry detergent
- Lysol spray and air fresheners
- Toilet plungers
- Shower curtains and bath mats
- Tupperware or Rubbermaid type containers – all sizes
- Plastic cutlery and paper cups
- Can openers
- New pots and pans
- Deodorants and anti-perspirants
The Children’s Program at My Sister’s House was developed to better assist the children who are victims of domestic violence. The program provides educational and therapeutic activities for children ages four to 17. The goal of the children’s program is to provide advocacy, counseling and other forms of support for children who suffer the effects of violence. Education, time and space are given to the children as they begin the healing from their emotional wounds.
Children’s Wish List
- Paint (watercolor and jar paint)
- Glue sticks
- Coloring books
- Colored sand