March Monthly Mission:
Packing up help for hungry children
Backpack buddies attacks the issue of weekend hunger for Lowcountry children. On Friday afternoon, at risk children are sent home with a backpack filled with nutritious snacks. For some of these children, school lunches may be their only meal of the day.
How can you help?
By donating nonperishables that require no cooking or special tools such as:
- Single serving fruit cups and applesauce
- Single serving packages of crackers, chips, pretzels and cookies
- Microwavable meals and soups such as Spaghetti O’s, Ramen Noodles, mac-n-cheese
- Individual cereal packs, oatmeal and instant grits
- Juice boxes
- Soups with pull tab tops
- Granola bars, raisins and trail mix
- Shelf Stable milk (white or chocolate)
- Canned chicken or tuna