June’s Charity Drive – Charleston Area Seniors, Inc.
Charleston Area Seniors, Inc. is desperately in need of a food drive, since they not only do daily Emergency Food Boxes at the Center, but also keep a fully stocked (but now almost empty!) food pantry for low-income seniors in Ansonborough House. They have multiple programs going on at our Senior Center, but the Emergency Food Boxes are something that can’t be done without. Charleston Area Seniors, Inc. has families (not just seniors) coming in when they have completely run out of food and funds are low, but they can’t keep up with the demand. A food drive would be fabulous!!!
Suggested non-perishable items include:
- Canned tuna, salmon, chicken and beef
- Hearty soups with meat
- Canned ravioli, spaghetti sauces
- Canned vegetables & fruit
- Dry cereal, granola bars, protein bars
- Liquid supplement such as Ensure
- Household items – especially bed linen for double beds
- small appliances – toasters, irons, coffee makers
- New towels & washcloths
- Disposable blue bed pads
- Blankets, throws & lap robes
- Adult diapers for men or women
- Sweaters- especially larger sizes for women
- Socks & gloves for men
- Bathrobes (large) for men & women
- Flashlights and batteries
A wooden box will be located just outside of the sanctuary entrance each Sunday in June for placement of your donations.