Packing up help for hungry children
Backpack buddies attacks the issue of weekend hunger for Lowcountry children. On Friday afternoon, at risk children are sent home with a backpack filled with nutritious snacks. For some of these children, school lunches may be their only meal of the day.
How can you help?
By donating non-perishables that require no cooking or special tools such as:
- Single serving fruit cups and applesauce
- Single serving packages of crackers, chips, pretzels and cookies
- Microwavable meals and soups such as Spaghetti O’s, Ramen Noodles, mac-n-cheese
- Individual cereal packs, oatmeal and instant grits
- Juice boxes
- Soups with pull tab tops
- Granola bars, raisins and trail mix
- Shelf Stable milk (white or chocolate)
- Canned chicken or tuna