We are looking for a self starter who is energetic and passionate about their faith in Jesus Christ. Do you have the ability to grow and train volunteers servants? Do you have experience leading small groups? Do you have basic knowledge of Christian Education, spiritual formation and United Methodist theology? Are you passionate about students and their discipleship? Then this ministry position is for you!
Youth Minister Job Description
Position: Youth Minister
Classification: Part- time (15 hours)
WHO WE ARE
We are a community of 120 worshipers off Dorchester Rd. in North Charleston. We are a church that is committed to loving God and loving our neighbors. We are striving to be a community that concentrates on intergenerational ministry. We want our youth to be active in the worship and throughout the church in many different ministries.
The youth minister provides leadership to our students in grades 6-12 so that they may deepen their relationship to God in a physically, emotionally and spiritually safe environment in order to serve God’s people in the world. The youth minister is inclusive of all students and makes an effort to reach not only youth within the church but also in the community. They also work with existing small groups and structures within the church in order to build connections between the youth and other generations. The youth minister will be present in worship, Sunday School, and at UMYF.
FOR WHOM WE ARE SEARCHING
You are a self starter who is energetic and passionate about your faith in Jesus Christ. You have the ability to grow and train volunteers servants. You have experience leading small groups. You have basic knowledge of Christian Education, spiritual formation and United Methodist theology. You are passionate about students and their discipleship.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• Associates degree or higher preferred
• Previous experience in a church or similar setting required
The youth minister must be able to meet the physical demands of keeping up with youth, participating in games and activities, participating in mission work, and ability to spend time away for youth retreats.
INQUIRIES – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please include:
• Cover Letter
• Summary statement of previous experience
• List of 3 professional references, including title, address, phone number, email address and relationship to you
For more information, call 843-552-4061
Applications will be continually reviewed as received until the position is filled.
All serious inquiries will be subject to a National background check.
• Recruit and welcome youth from the church, local schools, and the community. Maintain a ministry through personal contact with youth by supporting them in their lives outside of church. Be intentional about reaching out to youth inside and outside of the church who are currently not attending UMYF and/or Sunday school.
• Maintain a student Sunday School program by teaching and/or coordinating volunteers using curriculum that is age appropriate.
Vacation Bible School
• Coordinate a class during VBS for Middle School students
• Help line up High School students for volunteers
• Maintain a support team that would include youth, parents, and some adults that are not parents that will help to coordinate programs, retreats, and curriculum that meets quarterly.
• In coordination with the North Hope cooperative churches, plan and lead weekly UMYF gatherings that would include Bible study, fellowship events, service projects, mission trips, and worship experiences.
• Make UMCSC Conference Retreats a priority: Revolution, Salkehatchie, Immerse, etc.
As well as:
• Maintain communication with youth, parents, and pastor through all means available.
• Prepare an annual budget and submit to the finance committee. Maintain financial records.
• Make sure that we are following Safe Sanctuary Policies.
• Other duties as assigned